By Oliver Lindberg25 Mar 2020News
Damn you, coronavirus! New date to be confirmed
Over the last week or so, we have all come around to the realisation that we will need to lead very different lives for a while. This has led to the cancellation and postponement of many events we were looking forward to. Sadly, Pixel Pioneers is no exception. So, given the current situation around COVID-19, I have decided to reschedule Pixel Pioneers Bristol as well. There are just too many uncertainties — we don't know when the UK and other countries will lift their travel restrictions, and we don't know how long we need to be socially distant for. The number one priority right now is everyone's health and safety.
I briefly thought about going remote with Pixel Pioneers, and some great events are taking this approach, but it's just not the same. The whole idea of Pixel Pioneers is that the community is coming together to chat, hang out, form new connections or even friendships in person. Humans are social creatures, and I firmly believe there will always be a place for in-person events, especially smaller community conferences.
I'm currently waiting for the conference venue to get back to me (which is why I haven't written to you before), and I'm hoping we can move the event to October/November. If that's not possible, we will be back on 4 June 2021. All tickets will be valid for the new date, and I would love your support to enable us to keep going at this difficult time, but if you need to, you can claim a full refund. The good news is that this gives me longer to plan the conference. I'm aiming to keep the same line-up I have announced so far, but if any speakers are not available, I will let you know as soon as I can. And believe you me, we will all be raring to go when we can finally meet again!
Thank you for your support, and stay safe. I hope to see you all soon.